Sunday, May 1, 2011

Art blog #16 AKA the last one

What? It's May already? Senior year has been soooooo crazy that I actually never realize how time has passed! Think about this for a second: we all started out at the beginning of the year thinking that this would be the longest year of our high school career, but now, graduation is only weeks away! Oh gosh senior year...perhaps high school is just like what I said in my rap for the talent show: "This is High School, you barely know what you're doing." That is, until you are about to graduate, then you start to reflect on what you have in these past four years. And for me, well, let's just say that I have not attended one school dance in these past four years. I know, that's sad, and that's why I am going to prom this year. On the question of who am I going to ask to prom? That's a secret. Ha. Actually, no, I don't think I want to ask anyone since the guy always has to pay for everything, and I hate spending money...especially on girls, no offense. But maybe, I don't know. Anyways, I guess one point about writing this blog is to make us reflect on our year, our final year in Lakeridge, that is art related right?

I think art this year has made a tromendous change on me. Looking at my first art work and my last one this year is kind of crazy. Sometimes I ask myself, did I really do this? I like drawing and all, but I never thought I would enjoy spray painting and making graphic-type art this much. I guess I finally found what I am really intersted in on the subject of art. I used to dislike art when I was younger because all the teachers would tell me what to draw and tell me how to draw it. They never let us create our own ideas and our own images. This year, however, finally gave me this challenge. I thought of my own ideas and created my own pieces. And throughout this whole process, I started to developed my own style. If you have not noticed, or have not listened to McBride talking about my change throughout the year, I practically changed everything about my style. I used to draw things that is restricted, and had a really traditional way of drawing. But after discovering other forms of art, especially street art, which encourages artists to have their own styles, I started trying other forms of art. And I loved it! Well, Then this new style of art become increasingly interesting to me and I just started producing these new kinds of artwork.

Well, this year was fun. I did say that I disliked having art classes, but I never said I hate art. I always love art and making artwork satisfy me. Maybe I will never become an artist, since my mind is set on science and engineering, but art will always be in me. It is the form of expression that no one will fully understand but the artists themselves. This year was great. Thanks everyone for all the support and criticism for me, and thanks Ms. McBride for putting up with the man table this whole year.
MAN TABLE 4 LIFE! And ART 4 LIFE! Also Huskies FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment